Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Our Status and Choices

Wisdom 6:6-7 -- A Pick-Me-Up

For the lowly may be pardoned out of mercy
but the mighty shall be mightily put to the test.
For the Lord of all shows no partiality,
nor does he fear greatness,
Because he himself made the great as well as the small,
and he provides for all alike . . .
I prefer to be meek, to realize that no matter how many wonderful blessings I have in life -- faith, family, career, health, home -- all are generous gifts of God. Not one blessing is self-created. I take comfort, moreover, in knowing that God is generous, shows no partiality, and loves us all no matter our "status" in this world. Don't get me wrong; the choices we make seriously matter. For making the right choices is part of our path toward God's will. Although I often fall, making many poor choices, God is always there to remind me that his pardon and mercy are tangible, always ready to lift me back up. And I need a lot of lifting. 

Have a blessed rest of the week!


No comments:

Post a Comment