Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Have You Ever Seen Jesus Christ?

John 20:18 -- Seeing Jesus
Mary of Magdala went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord,” and what he told her.
Many say that seeing is believing, but how many of us have seen Jesus in the flesh? Have we ever seen Jesus as he is, God in the form of a man who is glorified and risen? Few can say they have, and those who claim this are rarely believed. But if we look closely and open our spiritual eyes, we can see Jesus plainly. He appears as the everyday love present among us.
I see Jesus in my family. He is in the giggling smile of my children’s faces, in the squinting laughter of my wife’s eyes, in the warmth of a hug, and in the cadence of rhythmic breathing as a tired child nods off in my arms. Jesus is here if we just look with our hearts.
It is too easy to go through life tuning out the beauty and richness of the present moment. It is in the present moment, however, that we find truth, love, hope, and blessings. I pray that we all open our eyes more often and see the love that envelops our day. Then we, too, can proclaim that we have seen the Lord. Amen.
Have a blessed week!

Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment