Sunday, March 4, 2018

Hindsight is 20/20

John 2:22 (NRSV): Hindsight is 20/20
After [Jesus] was raised from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this; and they believed the scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.
Although we can have the best intentions, the world and its many distractions can obscure what we see in faith.
Angel was a girl I got to know in sixth grade. She was different from the others -- kind, welcoming, and Christian. With enthusiasm, she talked about her faith in Christ. And for a poorly catechised Catholic kid, I did not have a clue about my faith nor would I have considered talking about it. We quickly became friends, however, for there was something that drew me to her. Angel’s honesty, welcoming spirit, and lack of judgment -- all foreign to me -- were magnetic. I just did not understand it at the time. So I passed our friendship off as unique, and we continued to talk and walk together to classes. By seventh grade I fell into a new circle of friends, and she simply faded away.
Hindsight is 20/20. And God’s grace provides the best corrective vision.  I see Angel as a reminder of God’s presence in my life, but I would never see this if God did not first allow it.
Heavenly Father, please grant us clear vision of your presence around us. And grant us the grace to respond with enthusiasm and love to those in need. In Jesus Christ we pray, amen.
Have a blessed week!

Stan

No comments:

Post a Comment