Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Matthew 8:1-5



Matthew 8:1-5
It is times like this that I, too, identify as the leper. Immediately following his teaching on the mount, Jesus is met by the leper. In an act of bold faith, the leper petitions Christ for his healing grace: "Lord if you wish, you can make me clean" (2). Jesus immediately stretches out his hand and administers healing to the afflicted. I, too, seek Christ's healing touch. We must, however, ask for it, and not only that, but we have to reflect on and recognize the leprosy of our own faults, emptying ourselves of them, so God can fill us with His healing grace.
Loving God, please make me clean, for although I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, you enter, heal, love, and send me forth to reflect your love. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment