Sunday, January 25, 2015

Matthew 13:20,23 -- A Prayer to Produce Good Fruit in Christ


"'The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy. But since they don’t have deep roots, they don’t last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems ... The seed that fell on good soil represents those who truly hear and understand God’s word and produce a harvest ...'" Matthew 13:23 NLT
A Prayer: 
Lord Jesus Christ, plant in me your Holy Spirit so that I, too, can produce your abundant harvest. Let me not be like seed on the rocky path, to which I sometimes feel. Instead, let the challenges and discouragements of religious tradition, as they die, become the compost that feeds the rocky soil. Draw me closer to you, Jesus, so that I can, in some small way, lead others to you. Let my roots grow past the rocks and into the rich soil below. The rocks, then, can serve as a weed barrier, strengthening and adding character to the gift of faith that you give. But I need your grace, O loving Savior. For without your love, all is lost.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment