Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Finding Faith in Uncertainty


Jesus does not want us to be governed by fear at such times. He wants us governed by faith. The uncertainty we are faced with is only apparent uncertainty. Our future and our provision and our ultimate triumph are certain to God. He has all the foreknowledge, power, and resources necessary to insure these, and he has the desire to turn everything for good for those who love him and are called by him (Rom. 8:28).  

Apparently uncertain seasons are often some of the most powerful moments we experience with God in this age. More than seasons of security and prosperity, they demonstrate that God exists and rewards those who seek him (Heb. 11:6).  So if you are in one of those seasons, take heart. God is graciously allowing you to experience the reality that he “acts for those who wait for him” (Isa. 64:4).


This not only applies to physical and financial uncertainty but spiritual challenges as well. Recent uncertain shifts in understanding my faith tradition have posed a great deal of uncertainty for me. This uncertainty, however, could potentially have a negative effect on my prayer life and relationship with God; instead, I choose to listen to God in faith, knowing that this is part of the path he planned for me. In the challenge, He gives me the opportunity to find great grace. I see this "uncertain season," then, as a test for me to shore up my love and faith in Christ, for I know He is in charge and will lead me to a closer, more intimate relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment